Articles of Interest

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

iMediaConnection: Google Tunes into TV

iMediaConnection: Google Tunes into TV
Wednesday, January 26, 2005
By Roger Park, Associate Editor
Google Inc. announced the availability of Google Video beta, a service that enables users to search the content of television programs from TV content providers including PBS, Fox News, C-SPAN and the NBA.

Google Video beta lets users search closed captioned content of TV programs. Google began indexing in December 2004. For example, if a user enters of search for "Satellite Radio", Google Video will return a list of relevant TV programs that mentioned that term.

Google additional search features include a still video image preview page, upcoming episodes information, the ability to search within the show and program details.

"What Google did for the Web, Google Video aims to do for television. Users can search the content of TV programs for anything, see relevant thumbnails, and discover where and when to watch matching television programs. We are working with content owners to improve this service by providing additional enhancements such as playback," says Larry Page, co-founder and president, Products, Google.

This early-stage release of Google Video does not include Google AdWords advertising.

"As the product develops, we will consider integrating ads but don't have anything to announce," Google spokesperson Eileen Rodriguez told iMedia.

3 Comments:

At 1:08 PM, Blogger Dale said...

Wow! While I was searching for info on ionic breeze I somehow found your page. I just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for ionic breeze.

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger Dale said...

Wow! While I was searching for info on hylexin I somehow found your page. I just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for hylexin.

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger David said...

Wow! While I was searching for info on hylexin I somehow found your page. I just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for hylexin.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home