Articles of Interest

Saturday, October 23, 2004

eMarketer: Paid Search Will Comprise 42% of Online Advertising Spending in 2004

eMarketer: Paid Search Will Comprise 42% of Online Advertising Spending in 2004
Overall Market Still Growing; Set to Hit Record $9.4 Billion

NEW YORK, NY -- (MARKET WIRE) -- 10/21/2004 -- New eMarketer projections indicate 2004 will be another boom year for online advertising, with spending expected to increase 28.8% overall from 2003.

The projections, issued today, put total ad spending at $9.4 billion for the year, with another increase of nearly 21% in 2005.

Spending on paid search is forecast to reach $3.9 billion this year, and top $4.6 billion in 2005.

eMarketer benchmarks its online ad spending projections based on data from the Interactive Advertising Bureau and PricewaterhouseCoopers.

"The Internet is now one of the mainstream media," said eMarketer Senior Analyst David Hallerman. "Though paid search is one of the biggest drivers, accounting for 42% of the market this year, spending on other forms of online advertising including display ads and rich media will also increase significantly."

In fact, for the remaining 58% of the spending pie, the growth rate will be 14.9%.

"Any medium would be doing cartwheels over that kind of growth," Hallerman said. "Paid search is the star this year again, but it's the industry as a whole that is really hitting its stride."

9 Comments:

At 5:50 AM, Blogger giantbil4 said...

Impressive post. I will definately keep an eye out for you future posts. If you like you can take a look at my site as well promotional product advertising related site. Of course you don't have to but it would be nice. :)

 
At 9:30 AM, Blogger giantbil4 said...

Hi, I'm just skimming through some blogs which interest me and bookmarking them on the way, I will bookmark this blog and return to it, if you are interested you can check out my site promotional advertising related site. That's if you have time. Thanks

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger giantbil2 said...

Hmm very interesting indeed, actually I have a site which you might be interested to look at cheap online website promotion related site. Have a look if you like :)

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger giantbil5 said...

Hmm very interesting indeed, actually I have a site which you might be interested to look at advertising product related site. Have a look if you like :)

 
At 7:21 AM, Blogger Tony said...

You have some good material ...would you like to visit my blog as well?
banner Please Disregard the title it's on my product web site.

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger giantbil3 said...

Hmm very interesting indeed, actually I have a site which you might be interested to look at online billboard advertising related site. Have a look if you like :)

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger Peter said...

Hi Art Sindlinger,
I was looking for information about free to use website content when I discovered eMarketer: Paid Search Will Comprise 42% of Online Advertising Spending in 2004, certainly one of the finest blogs I have found!
But before I continue my search for free to use website content I want to say that your blog deserves a compliment!

 
At 7:12 AM, Blogger giantbil5 said...

Hi, I was just blog surfing and found you! If you are interested, go see my web promotion related site. It isnt anything special but you may still find something of interest.

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger giantbil1 said...

Wow, nice post! I will definately bookmark it. if you're free please visit my site free online advertising related site. You might find it interesting.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home